Who we are
We are a homegrown, Manitoba-based health benefits provider with coverage that is among the best in the industry. With the added advantage of a national network, we provide the utmost care for our members living both locally and out of province.
As a not-for-profit organization, we put people and service first. Our bottom line is about the health and wellness of Manitobans. This commitment to service is evident as a leading health benefits provider in the province for almost 50 years.
As an independent licensee of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans and together with our subsidiary, Blue Cross Life, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, life, disability, wellness and travel coverage for over half a million people. Our personal and group plans fill the gap between government health plans and what Manitobans want and need.
Made in Manitoba
As a not-for-profit, every dollar made is reinvested back into our infrastructure, our people and our province with the goal of providing better care for our members, expanding our community impact and broadening our health care knowledge.
Roots in health care
While we were first approved to use the Blue Cross name and trademark in 1974, our roots go back to 1938. We evolved from the Manitoba Hospital Services Association, a non-profit, hospital-sponsored association that was the first to start offering hospital benefits in Manitoba on a prepaid basis.
The trusted and essential health and wellness partner for all Manitobans.
We are a caring corporation committed to the following:
- Integrity – We engage with all our stakeholders fairly, equitably and honestly.
- Respect – We honour and trust our stakeholders, supporting and encouraging each other in our endeavours.
- Inclusivity – We provide an equitable workplace and offer products and services that value, include and represent the communities we serve.
- Community – We engage in activities on a corporate and individual basis that support and strengthen our communities.
- Transparency – We commit to being accountable to our internal and external stakeholders, earning their trust and goodwill by encouraging the open sharing of information with them.
trusted benefits providers in Canada and as a
top employer year after year.
- Benjamin Graham
President and Chief Executive Officer
- Kiran Claire, CPA, CIP
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
and Corporate Secretary
- Luke Johnston, FCIA, FCAS
Vice President and Chief Risk Officer
- Brian Rosenberg, BSc, BA
Vice President and Chief Information and Technology Officer
- Brenda Slikker, BA, C.I.M.
Vice President and Chief Experience Officer
- Diane Sparrow DeGrave, BA, CPHR, C.I.M.
Director, People and Corporate Services
- David Tompkins, BA, CEBS
Board of directors
- Tom Bryk, Chair
- David Baxter, Vice-chair
- Marie Buchan
- Allan Fineblit
- Curwin Friesen
- Monica Girouard
- Marina James
- Helen Kasdorf
- Crystal Laborero
- Jennifer Mullen-Bérubé
- Brian Postl