Our most basic plan includes coverage for ambulance and hospital benefits, but with the added convenience of virtual health care.
Coverage amounts are per person and renew annually unless otherwise noted.
For more robust plan options that include prescriptions, vision, dental and more, find an individual & family plan or retiree plan that suits your needs.
Need life insurance?
Coverage of 100% for emergency ambulance within Manitoba (up to $2,500 per year), medical transfer up to $500 per five years, treat no transport, emergency air ambulance up to $5,000 per trip ($10,000 per person, per year) and out-of-province ambulance ($500 per trip).
Coverage of 100% for semi-private room or $20 per day in-lieu (up to 30 days) and hostel accommodation when medical treatment/diagnostic testing is required in a hospital located outside a 60-kilometer radius of the participant's home.
Coverage of 75% for accidental dental up to $1,500 per person per accident.
Coverage of $10,000 in the event of accidental death, loss of limb or sight.
This information provides an overview of plans offered by Manitoba Blue Cross. This is not a contract or a complete listing of benefits. For more information, call 204.788.6858 or toll-free 1.800.873.2583.
Why choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
Join Manitoba’s #1 health plan provider.
- You are our priority. As a not-for-profit, we prioritize you, not the bottom line. Every dollar we make is reinvested back into our products and services, as well as our communities and people.
- Your mental health is important to us. Mental health is an intrinsic part of health and well-being, as much as dental and vision care. That’s why we support you with mental health coverage in several of our plans, including professional counselling.
- You get comprehensive, specialized coverage. With a Manitoba Blue Cross plan, you get the coverage you need, including specialized offerings, such as foot care nurse, athletic therapy coverage, hostel care and treat-no-transport ambulance coverage. We also offer paramedical benefits such as homeopathy, osteopath and nutritional counselling.
- You’re part of the renowned Blue Cross network: We offer products from the most recognized and trusted name in health coverage in Canada.
- We are a local business. With a walk-in customer service centre conveniently located in Winnipeg, excellent relationships with your health care practitioners and a focus on our community, being a Manitoba business is about more than just our postal code.
- You can access services your way. From our award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre to 24/7 access to claim and benefit information online and through our mobile app, you can find information, assistance and resources quickly and easily.
- Your convenience is key. With direct billing, your health care costs can often be paid directly to the service providers, so you are not out of pocket while you wait for reimbursement.