Coverage of 80% for prescription drugs up to $2,000 per year. Includes a pay direct drug card so you do not have to pay upfront for prescriptions.
Coverage of 80% (up to $35 per visit) to a combined total of $450 per year for a treatment or service by an athletic therapist, chiropractor, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, podiatrist, registered clinical psychologist (maximum $50 per visit) or social worker with an MSW or RSW (maximum $50 per visit).
Coverage of 80% (up to $35 per visit) to a combined total of $300 per year for a treatment or service by an acupuncturist, foot care nurse (maximum $25 per visit), homeopath, naturopath, nutritional counsellor, osteopath or registered massage therapist.
Coverage of 80% up to $500 every five years.
Coverage of 80% for breathing equipment (e.g. CPAP), crutches, splints, casts, hospital beds, special equipment, walkers, wheelchairs and wigs.
Coverage of 80% for accidental dental, artificial limbs/eyes, assisted care, braces, cervical collars, elastic stockings, compression garments, breast prostheses, surgical bras, cardiac rehabilitation, day surgery assisted care, orthopedic shoes, orthotics and private duty nursing.
Coverage of 80% up to $1,000 per year (combined with restorative) for standard checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, denture relines and surgery, and$1,000 for each subsequent year (combined total with restorative total).
Coverage of 50% up to $1,000 per year (combined with preventative) for extensive restorations (e.g. dentures, crowns, inlays, bridges).
Coverage of $150 combined every two years towards an eye exam, the purchase or repair of frames and/or lenses, including contact lenses.
Coverage of 100% for emergency ambulance services within Manitoba including treatment with no transport, medical transfer up to $500 per five years and emergency air ambulance up to $5,000 per trip ($10,000 per person per year), and out-of-province ambulance up to $500 per trip.
Coverage of 100% for semi-private room or $20 per day in lieu if one is not available (up to 30 days) and hostel accommodation when medical treatment/diagnostic testing is required in a hospital more than 60 kilometres from the participant’s home.
Virtual access to a wide network of medical professionals 24/7, including condition-specific care, prescription management, private consultation and referrals to specialists or for diagnostic testing.
Coverage for travel within Canada up to $5 million lifetime (no trip length maximum) and up to $5 million lifetime outside of Canada (60-day trip maximum with a 90-day stable period), including access to travel assistance. (Travel outside of Canada is only covered up to age 75.)
Coverage of $20,000 in the event of the accidental death, loss of limb or sight of a participant.
Coverage for six counselling sessions per year through qualified clinicians.
Why choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
Join Manitoba’s #1 health plan provider.
- You are our priority. As a not-for-profit, we prioritize you, not the bottom line. Every dollar we make is reinvested back into our products and services, as well as our communities and people.
- Your mental health is important to us. Mental health is an intrinsic part of health and well-being, as much as dental and vision care. That’s why we support you with mental health coverage in several of our plans, including professional counselling.
- You get comprehensive, specialized coverage. With a Manitoba Blue Cross plan, you get the coverage you need, including specialized offerings, such as foot care nurse, athletic therapy coverage, hostel care and treat-no-transport ambulance coverage. We also offer paramedical benefits such as homeopathy, osteopath and nutritional counselling.
- You’re part of the renowned Blue Cross network: We offer products from the most recognized and trusted name in health coverage in Canada.
- We are a local business. With a walk-in customer service centre conveniently located in Winnipeg, excellent relationships with your health care practitioners and a focus on our community, being a Manitoba business is about more than just our postal code.
- You can access services your way. From our award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre to 24/7 access to claim and benefit information online and through our mobile app, you can find information, assistance and resources quickly and easily.
- Your convenience is key. With direct billing, your health care costs can often be paid directly to the service providers, so you are not out of pocket while you wait for reimbursement.