Plans for 10+ employees
Let us create a completely customizable group benefits plan for your company and its people. With a variety of benefits, coverage levels and programs to choose from, you can rest assured that your team’s physical and mental health are being well taken care of.
Each plan includes statistical reports for plan analysis and easy-to-use online plan administration tools so you can focus on business matters.
Start with our mandatory core life and disability benefits and then build your customized plan by selecting from a wide range of additional benefits, services and programs.
Helps your employees feel secure by ensuring their families can be taken care of financially in case of an untimely death. Our plans offer a range of coverage amounts.
Short-term disability: Helps to cover lost wages when an employee is temporarily unable to work due to accident or illness. Our in-house disability management program will work with employers, employees and health care providers to ensure a return to work is done safely and appropriately.
Long-term disability: Helps to cover lost wages for a longer period for lengthy recoveries – until the age of 65 or the employee is able to return to work. Our in-house disability management program will work with employers, employees and health care providers to ensure a return to work is done safely and appropriately.
Long-term disability supplement: Exclusive to Manitoba Blue Cross! Covers an employee who is affected by a significant neurological or physical impairment and is unable to perform two or more of the following activities of daily living: eating, dressing, bathing, walking/moving and toileting.
Includes the cost of ambulance and stretcher service and hospital and medical hostel accommodation. Features a unique treat no transport provision, which covers charges when an ambulance is called and treatment occurs on site.
Choose from any or all of the following:
Basic dental: Includes services like routine exams, cleanings, fillings, root canals, gum surgery and more. Also covers specialist fee guides.
Major dental: Covers major dental work, including crowns, bridges, dentures and more. Also covers specialist fee guides.
Orthodontic services: Covers orthodontic treatment used to straighten teeth and align the bite, including braces, retainers or casts for dependent children.
Supplements our Manitoba Health plan with coverage for practitioner services (e.g. physiotherapists, chiropractors, clinical psychologists, etc.), medical equipment and supplies, hearing aids and private duty nursing.
Choose from any or all of the following:
Accidental death & dismemberment: Provides financial support in the event of an accidental death or the complete or partial loss of limb. Coverage includes repatriation, home alterations, vehicle modifications, education for dependent children and occupational training for a spouse.
Critical illness: Protects employees against the financial impact of an unexpected condition and can ease stress associated with a lump sum payment. With no restrictions on how the money is used, employees can do what they need to help combat the life changes that arise with a critical illness, such as home renovations, medical treatments or private-duty nursing.
Dependent life insurance: Provides financial support to the employee in the event of the death of spouse or dependent children.
Survivor benefit: Provides continuation of existing health benefits coverage for up to 24 months at no cost to the spouse and dependent(s) in the event of an employee’s death.
Choose from one or both of the following:
Health Spending Account (HSA): Offers flexible coverage for eligible expenses, including deductibles, co-insurance amounts and expenses not fully covered by another plan.
Wellness Spending Account (WSA): Offers flexible coverage for eligible wellness-related expenses, including gym memberships, classes and equipment.
Offers extensive coverage for employees requiring emergency care outside of their home province with higher maximums on a number of benefits. Features coverage exclusive to Manitoba Blue Cross, including emergency evacuation, emergency relief of dental pain, emergency veterinary care, return of pet, repair or replacement of eyeglasses and an in-patient hospital allowance.
Helps offset the rising cost of prescription drugs for your employees so they can focus on managing their health. Pay direct drug card is also an option to minimize your employees’ out of pocket expenses.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Encourage healthy living by providing employees with coverage for smoking cessation products such as nicotine replacement therapy patches and oral medications. By simply giving up smoking, your employees can stay healthy — and take a big burden off the health care system and your group plan, resulting in an excellent return on investment.
Provides virtual access to a wide network of medical professionals 24/7, including condition-specific care, prescription management, private consultation and referrals to specialists or for diagnostic testing.
Choose from one or both of the following:
Eye exams: Covers the cost of a routine eye exam.
Vision care: Provides coverage towards vision aids such as glasses, contacts or laser eye surgery.
Our renowned Disability Management Program has an acclaimed track record of helping individuals reclaim their lives and companies welcome back their employees. Our return-to-work rates are higher than the industry average because we focus on prevention, wellness and recovery.
Provides direct access to professional, confidential counselling services to assist employees and their families with personal concerns affecting work performance, self-management and life. Also includes access to internet-based cognitive behavioural therapy (iCBT) through our partner MindBeacon, including guided and self-guided programs. Designed to enhance the health and well-being of Manitobans.
We offer a range of organizational assistance services that can be tailor-made to support your organization and employees. Supports can include staff and leadership training, trauma response and crisis event management, workplace interventions and conflict resolution, and disability claims adjudication and case management.
With a Manitoba Blue Cross plan, your employees can easily submit claims online for reimbursement, view claim and payment history, confirm coverage balances, check claim status, print or request ID cards, learn about savings through our Blue Advantage® program and access Health Connected, our wellness platform to create healthy habits.
Why choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
Join Manitoba’s #1 health plan provider.
- Manitoban's #1 choice for coverage — We cover half of all Manitobans. That's more than any other carrier.
- Not-for-profit — We serve stakeholders, not stockholders. That means every dollar made is reinvested back into our infrastructure, our people, and our province.
- Most recognized and trusted name in health coverage — We are part of a trusted network whose products are backed by a brand name recognized around the world.
Benefits for employers
- Made-in-Manitoba — Because we're Manitoban, we are keenly attuned to what's happening in the province and have insider knowledge about the people we serve.
- Aligned with Manitoba Pharmacare — We follow Manitoba's formulary which keeps drug costs low and promotes stable renewals.
- Cost-effective — We provide statistical reports to help analyze your plan, helping you make informed decisions.
- Easy-to-use — We provide businesses with access to an easy-to-use group administration site. Enroll, update, or terminate employees at any time. Request supplies. Print or download billing statements.
Benefits for employees
- Accessible — We have an award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre, located right here in Manitoba. Plus, our members have 24/7 access to claim and benefit information via mybluecross.
- Convenient — Our BlueNet card allows point-of-sale processing right at the pharmacy. Plus, we've made arrangements with many service providers to reimburse directly - from physiotherapists, dentists, and chiropractors to ambulance companies, vision providers, hospitals, and more. Assignment of Payment means members don't have to pay out-of-pocket and wait for reimbursement.
- Unique — We offer unique benefits - from foot care nurse and athletic therapy coverage to hostel care and treat no transport ambulance service. We're also one of the only carriers in the province to provide reimbursement for cardiac rehabilitation.
- Blue Advantage® — All members of Blue Cross get exclusive discounts on products and services offered by participating providers.