Through our Colour of Caring program, we support a variety of valuable causes in the form of sponsorships, donations and volunteerism. All of our causes fall under one of our four pillars of caring:
- Manitoba Medical Service Foundation
- mental health
- community development
- health care
Part of being a good corporate citizen is encouraging our employees to also give back. Each year, the team at Manitoba Blue Cross supports our communities through donations and event participation.
- lead one of the most successful United Way campaigns in Winnipeg. With a corporate match to employees’ donations, we contribute approximately $100,000 each year.
- raise money for various local charities through our Casual for a Cause program, which organizes numerous fundraisers, including casual Fridays.
- donate blood to Canadian Blood Services. As a registered member of the Partners for Life program, Manitoba Blue Cross schedules shuttles to the blood donor clinic throughout the year.
- collect clothing and personal care items to donate to local resource centres and food and toys for the Christmas Cheer Board.
- participate in numerous community causes, including the Riverview Health Centre Foundation’s Cycle on Life, Easter Seals' Drop Zone, Main Street Project’s Socktober and Harvest Manitoba’s Grow-a-Row.