*While we take a holistic view of wellness and support its many dimensions, we continue to devote additional resources to mental health as it significantly impacts overall well-being and the ability to live a full life.
Part of being a good corporate citizen is encouraging our employees to also give back. The team at Manitoba Blue Cross supports our communities through donations and event participation.
- lead one of the most successful United Way campaigns in Winnipeg. With a corporate match to employees’ donations, we contribute approximately $100,000 each year.
- raise money through our community giving program, where employees contribute money biweekly to support the local charities of their choice.
- donate blood to Canadian Blood Services. As a registered member of the Partners for Life program, Manitoba Blue Cross schedules shuttles to the blood donor clinic throughout the year.
- collect clothing and personal care items to donate to local resource centres and food and toys for the Christmas Cheer Board.
- participate in numerous community causes, including the Riverview Health Centre Foundation’s Cycle on Life, Easter Seals' Drop Zone, Main Street Project’s Socktober and Harvest Manitoba’s Grow-a-Row.