Manitoba is known as a province that gives back and this spirit of giving inspires our own work in the community. We strive to support local organizations and empower them to do what they do best.
Through our Colour of Caring program, we support a variety of valuable causes in the form of sponsorships, donations and volunteerism. All of our causes fall under one of the following:
- mental health*
- community development
Manitoba Blue Cross is also the primary supporter of the Manitoba Medical Service Foundation.
*While we take a holistic view of wellness and support its many dimensions, we continue to devote additional resources to mental health as it significantly impacts overall well-being and the ability to live a full life.
How we give back
Together with the Canadian Association of Blue Cross plans, we are a proud partner of the Make -A-Wish Foundation of Canada. This valuable organization arranges wish trips for children who have been diagnosed with a serious, life-threatening illness. As supporters of this charity, we provide premium-free travel coverage to Manitoba children and their families any time a travel wish is granted.
We also support a wide range of other organizations and events, including, but not limited to:
- Canadian Mental Health Association’s Ride Don’t Hide
- Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- Dad’s Motorcycle Ride for Prostate (Ride for Dad)
- Manitoba Harvest
- Manitoba Possible (formerly Society for Manitobans with Disabilities)
- Pink Ribbon Golf Classic for Hope
- Riverview Health Centre Foundation’s Cycle on Life
- United Way
- Victoria Hospital Foundation
Are you a registered charity or non-profit in Manitoba that would like to be considered for sponsorship?
Part of being a good corporate citizen is encouraging our employees to also give back. The team at Manitoba Blue Cross supports our communities through donations and event participation.
- lead one of the most successful United Way campaigns in Winnipeg. With a corporate match to employees’ donations, we contribute approximately $100,000 each year.
- raise money through our community giving program, where employees contribute money biweekly to support the local charities of their choice.
- donate blood to Canadian Blood Services. As a registered member of the Partners for Life program, Manitoba Blue Cross schedules shuttles to the blood donor clinic throughout the year.
- collect clothing and personal care items to donate to local resource centres and food and toys for the Christmas Cheer Board.
- participate in numerous community causes, including the Riverview Health Centre Foundation’s Cycle on Life, Easter Seals' Drop Zone, Main Street Project’s Socktober and Harvest Manitoba’s Grow-a-Row.