Our focus on caring for Manitobans begins with our employees.
Manitoba Blue Cross continues to be one of Manitoba’s Top Employers because we believe in fostering a culture of caring where employees are valued and recognized for their contributions and treated with dignity and respect.
Manitoba Blue Cross is a local company that is operated for Manitobans by Manitobans. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of the province’s best places to work, and we continue to strive to develop ourselves as an employer of choice.
Culture of caring: As the province’s leading provider of supplementary health plans, we foster a culture that focuses on employee satisfaction, development, diversity, growth and commitment. We work hard to reflect Manitoba’s spirit of caring and concern for others.
Diversity & inclusion: We want our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve and we're committed to creating a fair and respectful workplace. Our culture of inclusion provides opportunities for all employees to contribute to their full potential in support of organizational goals.
As one of Manitoba's top employers, we pride ourselves on offering employees a competitive base salary and an excellent benefits package to promote a healthy and happy workforce.
- Superior health benefits including:
- ~ Extended health
- ~~drug card
- ~~paramedical services
- ~Dental (basic and major)
- ~ Vision care
- ~Health Spending Account (HSA)
- ~Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- ~Virtual care program
- ~Emergency travel health and trip cancellation coverage
- ~Life Insurance (employee and dependents)
- ~Short-term and long-term disability
- ~Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- ~Critical Illness coverage
- Company-matched pension plan (starting at 5.25%)
- Three weeks of vacation increasing to six weeks, with bonus allocations at 30 and 35 years
Culture of caring
- Personal and professional development with on-site training programs and tuition subsidies
- Hybrid work environment mixing remote and in-office work to provide employees with choice, flexibility and support
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Casual dress code to promote diversity and inclusivity
- On-site Employee Assistance Centre for health and wellness support
- Fully equipped fitness centre (available to employees and immediate family members) with on-site change rooms including lockers and showers
- Ergonomic assessments to ensure workstations are adapted to each employee’s individual needs
- Employee lounge with a pool table, foosball table, board games and large-screen TV
- Affordable, self-serve Blue Café with a variety of nutritious food options (open 24 hours a day)
- Private outdoor picnic area
- Quiet rooms for rest and restoration and to provide space to support spiritual practices
- Community and charitable activities