Deluxe travel health plan with coronavirus coverage
Effective February 28, 2022, the Government of Canada has lifted the global travel advisory to avoid all non-essential travel due to COVID-19. All travel advisories are once again specific to each country.
If you are fully vaccinated or not yet eligible for a vaccine due to age: Our regular deluxe travel health plan covers you for emergency coronavirus-related health claims provided there is no COVID-related travel advisory for the specific destination.
If you are not vaccinated or travelling to a destination that has a COVID-related travel advisory or want more inclusive coronavirus coverage: This travel health plan with coronavirus coverage will cover you for emergency coronavirus-related health claims, including coverages of quarantine, taxi to a test site and return to Manitoba in the event of a travel advisory related to COVID while away.
Want to better understand travel health coverage during the pandemic? Find answers to some frequently asked questions here.
At no extra cost, the coverage for Travel Health benefits will be extended in the following circumstances:
- If due to a medical emergency you are hospitalized as an in-patient on your last day of coverage, (as determined by the dates indicated on your Travel Plans application), your benefits will remain in force throughout the period of hospitalization. The 72 hours begins following your discharge from hospital.
- If you have been advised by a medical professional to quarantine/self-isolate beyond your return date as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, Manitoba Blue Cross will extend your coverage for the duration of your coronavirus quarantine and up to 72 hours after your quarantine/self-isolation period.
- If your return is delayed due to the fault of the carrier in which you are a fare-paying passenger, your benefits will remain in force up to 72 hours after the scheduled return date.
- Note: A claim under this benefit must be supported by a letter from the transportation authority confirming the period of delay.
Is the original term of your policy no longer sufficient?
You may extend the duration of your original policy if:
- Medical attention has not been received during initial term.
- A claim has not been incurred during the initial term.
- You request the extension prior to the expiry date of your policy.
- The extension is for all benefits purchased on the original policy.
Your original policy plus the extension cannot exceed:
- Under Age 55 - 183 days
- Age 55 to 74 (Gold) - 183 days
The information on this page is for reference only. For complete coverage details, please refer to the Annual and Deluxe Coronavirus Pandemic Terms and Provisions. In the event of any difference between the terms here and those of the Terms and Provisions, the terms of the provisions shall prevail.