Deluxe Travel Health Plan with Coronavirus Coverage
Manitoba Blue Cross is not liable to pay benefits or accept liability for claims relating to services or charges resulting directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition that was not stable:
- for the Deluxe Blue Plan (under age 55) during the 7-day period prior to the departure date of coverage for the trip in question.
- for the Deluxe Gold Plan (ages 55 to 74) during the 90-day period prior to the departure date of coverage for the trip in question.
You must be stable based on the definition of stable in the agreement, regardless of the opinion (written or verbal) of your physician or any other person who may provide an opinion on your medical condition.
Pre-existing condition: means a sickness, injury or medical condition, whether or not diagnosed by a physician:
- for which you exhibited signs or symptoms; or
- for which you required or received medical consultation, treatment or hospitalization; or
- for which you were prescribed a new medication or given a change in medication; and
- which existed prior to the departure date of your coverage.
A pre-existing condition would not include:
- consulting a physician for a previously identified medical condition that has not changed, is not worsening and there has been no alteration in treatment prescribed or recommended or received for the stability period prior to the effective date of coverage for the trip in question.
- changes from a brand name medication to a generic brand of the same dose or the routine adjustment of Coumadin, warfarin, insulin or oral medication to control diabetes (as long as they are not newly prescribed or stopped and there has been no change in a person's medical condition).
Manitoba Blue Cross is not liable to pay benefits or accept any liability for claims relating to: