As a leader in health and wellness in Manitoba, we are pleased to offer you a suite of organizational assistance products to support you and your employees during difficult times.
Whether you know exactly what you are looking for or you need a little help, simply contact our organizational assistance specialists and we’ll get you started.
We offer a range of organizational assistance services that can be tailor-made to support your organization and employees. All program elements are available on a fee-for-service basis to all Manitoba companies. You do not need a Manitoba Blue Cross employer plan to access these services.
Mental health support: We offer a variety of workshops and training programs to support your leaders and staff with recognizing, understanding and responding to various stressors or wellness challenges.
Workshops – for supervisors, leaders and managers
- Identifying and managing mental health in the workplace
- Identifying and dealing with bullying in the workplace
- Dealing with workplace conflict
- Having difficult conversations
- Team building
- Mental health first aid certification
Workshops – for staff
- What is mental health and wellness?
- Understanding depression
- Understanding anxiety
- Understanding anger
- Understanding addiction
- Shiftwork and sleep
- Importance of proper sleep hygiene
- Building resiliency
- Coping with a family member with a mental illness
- Coping with a family member who has a serious or terminal illness
Addictions management program: Through group and individual counselling, the program teaches and encourages overall psychological wellness to support recovery. All services are led by a multidisciplinary team of professional addictions specialists.
Specialized services*: We run a variety of group and individual support programs to help your employees through a difficult time, such as managing increased demands associated with caring for a family member and dealing with grief and loss.
*Available only for those with EAP coverage from Manitoba Blue Cross.
Critical incident/Trauma response: We provide various trauma response services to mitigate risks to employee health during and in the immediate aftermath of an incident. We will conduct an initial assessment and collaborate to ensure our interventions both maximize the therapeutic benefit to employees and is fitting to your organizational culture.
Crisis management: We offer a high degree of consultation and specialized interventions to respond and support the recovery process for employees impacted by crisis events and maintain organizational stability.
Serious illness, grief and loss in the workplace: We provide consultation, response planning and group debriefings to support work groups impacted by the serious illness or loss of a colleague.
Stand-by services: We provide stand-by services and on-site support to assist you in mitigating potential risks and managing the impacts of personal or organizational events that may adversely affect your employees.
Workplace assessment: We will assess and provide feedback and recommendations to assist you in addressing challenges including complaints, leadership difficulties, workplace conflict and stressful situations.
Conflict resolution: We offer a range of conflict resolution services including consultation, mediation, custom facilitation and workshops/seminars. Following initial consultation, we design a personalized response most appropriate and effective for the presenting issues.
Mediation: We provide a structured and carefully planned process involving consultation, assessment and formal mediation to resolve interpersonal conflict between co-workers, as well as between employees and their leaders. We offer conflict resolution services including mediation through mainstream approaches, as well as those which draw from an Indigenous perspective through the practice of Indigenous elders and Indigenous resource consultants.
Disability claims adjudication: We can make eligibility decisions for your self-funded income replacement plan. We will work with you and your employees to ensure timely claim submission, and adjudicate all claims and enforce all plan provisions as per your policy plan text.
Disability claims management: We will work with your employees and their treatment professionals to achieve a timely and accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to ensure your employees achieve a state of maximum medical improvement safely and quickly.
Stay-at-work and return-to-work planning: We can ensure employees stay at or return to work within their functional abilities with safe and timely programs developed by Manitoba Blue Cross. We will consult with your employees, their treatment teams and your human resources department to develop capabilities and accommodated duties programs and recommend workplace accommodations.
Need workplace support that is not identified here? We can tailor our assistance program to suit the unique needs of your workplace concerns.
Why choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
Join Manitoba’s #1 health plan provider.
- Manitoban's #1 choice for coverage — We cover half of all Manitobans. That's more than any other carrier.
- Not-for-profit — We serve stakeholders, not stockholders. That means every dollar made is reinvested back into our infrastructure, our people, and our province.
- Most recognized and trusted name in health coverage — We are part of a trusted network whose products are backed by a brand name recognized around the world.
Benefits for employers
- Made-in-Manitoba — Because we're Manitoban, we are keenly attuned to what's happening in the province and have insider knowledge about the people we serve.
- Aligned with Manitoba Pharmacare — We follow Manitoba's formulary which keeps drug costs low and promotes stable renewals.
- Cost-effective — We provide statistical reports to help analyze your plan, helping you make informed decisions.
- Easy-to-use — We provide businesses with access to an easy-to-use group administration site. Enroll, update, or terminate employees at any time. Request supplies. Print or download billing statements.
Benefits for employees
- Accessible — We have an award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre, located right here in Manitoba. Plus, our members have 24/7 access to claim and benefit information via mybluecross.
- Convenient — Our BlueNet card allows point-of-sale processing right at the pharmacy. Plus, we've made arrangements with many service providers to reimburse directly - from physiotherapists, dentists, and chiropractors to ambulance companies, vision providers, hospitals, and more. Assignment of Payment means members don't have to pay out-of-pocket and wait for reimbursement.
- Unique — We offer unique benefits - from foot care nurse and athletic therapy coverage to hostel care and treat no transport ambulance service. We're also one of the only carriers in the province to provide reimbursement for cardiac rehabilitation.
- Blue Advantage® — All members of Blue Cross get exclusive discounts on products and services offered by participating providers.