Your privacy is important to us. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. By using the Service, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of information in accordance with this policy.
For policy information related to the administration of your plan, please review our Privacy Code.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Data
We collect several different types of information to provide and improve our Service to you.
1. Personal Data
When you access our Service, you are anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself. You are not required to provide personal information, unless a feature requires it.
Personal data that you do provide us will be required in these contexts:
- When registering for a mybluecross® account, we collect your Manitoba Blue Cross account information, full name, birth date, address information, email address and account login credentials
- When submitting claims through mybluecross®, we collect banking information to reimburse claims through direct deposit
- When purchasing Individual Travel insurance, we collect your full name, address, email address and payment information
- When you fill out online forms to Contact Us, request quotes, schedule appointments, or otherwise use or request services that are offered on or through our Service, we collect your full name, email address, phone number, birth date, Manitoba Blue Cross account information and anything you provide us to answer your question and/or assist with the quote process and/or to provide access to the services you have requested.
2. Usage Data
We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3. Cookies and Web Beacons
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Web beacons are a collective term used to refer to pixel tags, web beacons or clear GIF images embedded in a web page and usually invisible to the user. Web beacons are used for many of the same purposes as cookies, allowing Manitoba Blue Cross to compile aggregate statistics about website usage patterns, such as how many times a link or an area on a website is clicked.
All information collected in this manner is non-personal and is not used in connection with any other information that could identify you personally.
Use of Data
The Service uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service and develop and recommend suitable products and services to you
- To administer the terms of your plan, including the determination of your eligibility for insurance coverage and Blue Cross benefits and services and for the purposes of processing and settling claims
Disclosure of Data
Manitoba Blue Cross may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation or protect against legal liability
- To meet regulatory requirements
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect both you and Manitoba Blue Cross from error and fraud
Third Party Companies
Security of Data
Manitoba Blue Cross is committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized access and use. We use physical, organizational, and technological safeguards that are appropriate for sensitivity of the information.
Personal information is protected:
- Physically, by building security measures and physical barriers
- Organizationally, by our policies, practices and access levels
- Technologically, by password requirements, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software
How We Use Your Data for Online Advertising
In our efforts to provide you with a more personalized and relevant user experience, we use data segments in our advertising strategy. This approach allows us to tailor our advertising content to better match your interests and preferences, based on your interaction with our website or app.
Third-Party Advertising and Cookies
Your Choices Regarding Cookies and Device Identifiers
Google Marketing Platform's Pixels
Links to Other Sites
To provide customers with more information that may be helpful, our Service may contain links to other websites that are not affiliated with or maintained by Manitoba Blue Cross. We do not monitor the privacy practices of these third-party sites, and do not have authority over them. As a result, we do not assume any responsibility for the data collection policies and procedures of these sites.
Corporate Privacy Officer
Manitoba Blue Cross
599 Empress St