Our walk-in customer service centre is now open for in-person visits.
We have also extended our hours. Our new hours are:
Monday to Friday
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
For the health and safety of our customers and employees, we will be performing regular safety measures, including sanitizing between customers, and all employees will be wearing masks. Customers will also be required to wear a mask.
For your comfort and convenience, there are alternate ways to access services. Contact us via:
Our call centre remains open from 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. weekdays.
- In Winnipeg 204.775.0151
- Within Manitoba: 1.800.873.2583 (toll-free)
- in Canada: 1.888.596.1032 (toll-free)
Submit an online request here.
Access plan information anytime, anywhere through your mybluecross account.
Based on your plan, you can also:
- submit claims online
- view coverage and claim payments
- check benefit eligibility and find out what you need to submit a claim
- check the status of a claim and view claim history
- submit supporting documents
- print or request an ID card
- view vision eligibility
mybluecross[text-super]®[text-super] mobile app
Manage your plan on your phone with our mybluecross app. You can:
- submit claims for prescription drugs, vision and extended health services
- check the status of your claims
- view and search for past claims
- upload pictures of your receipts
- update your direct deposit information
- check your HSA credit activity
- view payment history
- find travel assistance and EAP contact information
We are partnered with EQ Care to provide members with our personal health coverage* access to a virtual care platform. Through EQ Care, members can access care 24/7 from specialists and doctors with complete confidentiality. Eligible members can access the service through EQ Care by registering with their Manitoba Blue Cross client and certificate numbers.
*The service is also available under select employer plans as determined by the employer. To confirm if you have virtual care service in your group plan, please visit your mybluecross online account.
My Good Health[text-super]®[text-super]
My Good Health is an online resource providing comprehensive health information, a health risk assessment tool and individually tailored programs to support members on the road toward better health.
The following My Good Health resources are available by logging into your mybluecross account:
- Health risk assessment tool
- Comprehensive health information on medications and natural health products
- Detailed explanations of conditions, diseases, medical tests and procedures
- Individually tailored interactive programs
- Community support directory
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Interactive health calculators
- Guides and screening tools
Counselling support during COVID-19
Employee & Individual Assistance Program
This pandemic has brought unprecedented stress to all Manitobans, from added familial responsibilities to financial insecurity. COVID-19 has caused major shifts in our homes, workplaces and lives, and the need for mental health support is higher than ever. We are here for you during this challenging time and our intake lines remain open to anyone seeking counselling services.
Access counselling services
While in-person counselling has been temporarily suspended, services are available by email, phone or online video. Regardless of the counselling method, we are committed to all the usual standards of practice related to confidentiality and privacy that govern counselling practices and our EAP.
We are providing additional support to members and Manitobans during this difficult time.
Grief Counselling: We are providing up to three counselling sessions with qualified clinicians from our renowned Employee and Individual Assistance program to Manitobans who have experienced a loss during COVID-19. This support is available to all Manitobans with no need for Manitoba Blue Cross coverage and the loss does not have to be related to COVID-19.
Connect Now: Members with Employee and Individual Assistance program coverage can connect immediately with a counsellor through our clinical support line without the need for an appointment.
Visit our wellness library for resources developed by counsellors and health care professionals from our Employee Assistance Program and Disability Case Management teams to support the mental, physical and financial health of our fellow Manitobans.
Extended health update
To protect our members’ health, we support the shift to virtual care from many service providers. We will accept claims for virtual services from the following list of provider types as eligible for reimbursement according to the terms of a member’s plan:
- Athletic therapists
- Dentists (limited services)
- Mental health providers, including psychologists, social workers and counsellors
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
Please visit your mybluecross® online account to confirm the benefits and practitioners covered under your plan.
Short-term disability update
As a result of COVID-19, we recognize there is the potential that some Manitoba Blue Cross members may be required to go on short-term disability due to sickness.
The following guidelines apply:
- Claims for flu-like symptoms and/or a COVID-19 positive test where the employee was too ill to work will be processed and paid according to regular guidelines, including a plan’s standard elimination period for sickness.
- An attending physician statement is required for all disability claims.
- Short-term disability benefits are not payable for members who are off work due to reasons other than sickness, accident or hospitalization, such as:
- ~being asymptomatic or having mild, non-disabling symptoms.
- ~self-quarantining as they believe they may have been exposed.
- ~quarantining as a result of a medical directive or a return from international travel.
- ~being off work for caregiving responsibilities.
- ~having reduced work hours and/or income due to less availability of work.
Members not eligible for short term disability benefits are directed to apply for benefits from Service Canada through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
This information is effective September 27, 2020.
Travel health update
Effective October 21, 2021, the Government of Canada has lifted the global travel advisory to avoid all non-essential travel due to COVID-19. All travel advisories are once again specific to each country. To view a country’s travel advisories, visit the Government of Canada website. Travellers are advised to continue to avoid all cruise ship travel outside of Canada at this time.
Although the global travel advisory has lifted, community transmission of COVID-19 continues around the world and the recommendation is that all travellers be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to departure. We recommend you:
- stay informed of COVID-19 activity at your destination
- follow any public health measures at your destination
- use personal protective measures
- be aware of requirements for returning to Canada
Travel with confidence
Those travellers who are fully vaccinated will be eligible for coronavirus-related health claims provided there is no COVID-related travel advisory for their specific destination. Those who are not yet eligible for a vaccine due to their age will also be covered for coronavirus-related health claims provided there is no COVID-related travel advisory for their specific destination.
Group/employer travel benefits
Your policy provides emergency medical coverage for unexpected medical conditions, including coronavirus-related health coverage.
Annual and Deluxe Coronavirus Pandemic Health Plans
For those who have not been fully vaccinated for any reason other than age or for those travelling to a destination with an advisory to "Avoid non-essential travel," we offer the Annual and Deluxe Coronavirus Pandemic Health Plans. Coverage is available for single trips through the Deluxe Blue or Gold Coronavirus Pandemic plans (not Silver) or for multiple trips through the Annual Coronavirus Pandemic plan. These plans have the added coverages of quarantine, taxi to a test site and return to Manitoba should they be travelling and an “Avoid all travel” warning is issued by the Government of Canada while they are away.
For additional travel resources, click here.
Find additional information on COVID-19:
Government of Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Being Prepared
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Symptoms and Treatment
- Canada Self-Assessment Tool and App
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel restrictions and exemptions
- Travel Advisories
- Registration of Canadian's Abroad
- COVID-19: Financial help if you are outside Canada
Government of Manitoba
- COVID-19 Vaccine information
- Government of Manitoba COVID-19 updates
- Shared Health Manitoba COVID-19 Screening Tool
Other trusted sources
Please note that this page reflects the current information available to us as of October 21, 2021. Due to the dynamic nature of this pandemic, it is our utmost priority to update this content as new information becomes available to us. Information here is not a complete listing of your benefits information. For complete and personalized information on your coverage, visit your mybluecross account.