Individual & family plans
Blue Choice Plan C
Coverage of 80% for prescription drugs up to $5,000 per year. Includes a pay direct drug card so you do not have to pay upfront for prescriptions.
Coverage of 80% (up to $35 per visit) to a combined total of $600 per year for a treatment or service by an athletic therapist, chiropractor, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and podiatrist, and (up to $50 per visit) for a treatment or service by a registered clinical psychologist, counsellor or social worker with an MSW or RSW.
Coverage of 80% (up to $35 per visit) to a combined total of $450 per year for a treatment or service by an acupuncturist, foot care nurse (maximum $25 per visit), homeopath, naturopath, nutritional counsellor, osteopath or registered massage therapist.
Coverage of $700 every five years.
Coverage of 80% for breathing equipment (e.g. CPAP), crutches, splints, casts, hospital beds, special equipment, walkers, wheelchairs and wigs.
Coverage of 80% for accidental dental, artificial limbs/eyes, assisted care, braces, cervical collars, elastic stockings, compression garments, breast prostheses, surgical bras, cardiac rehabilitation, day surgery assisted care, orthopedic shoes, orthotics and private duty nursing.
Coverage of 80% up to $600 for the first year for standard checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals or surgery. Three-month waiting period in effect after plan purchase.
Coverage of 80% up to $1,200 for each subsequent year (combined total with restorative total). One-year waiting period in effect.
Coverage of 50% up to $1,200 per year (combined with preventative total) for extensive restorations (e.g. crowns, inlays, bridges) and dentures. One-year waiting period in effect.
Coverage of 50% up to $1,000 lifetime. Two-year waiting period in effect.
Coverage of $250 combined every two years towards an eye exam, the purchase or repair of frames and/or lenses, including contact lenses.
Coverage of 100% for emergency ambulance services within Canada, including treatment with no transport, medical transfer up to $500 lifetime, and emergency air ambulance up to $5,000 per trip ($10,000 per person, per year).
Coverage of 100% for semi-private room or $20 per day in lieu if one is not available (up to 60 days) and hostel accommodation when medical treatment/diagnostic testing is required in a hospital more than 60 kilometres from the participant’s home.
Virtual access to a wide network of medical professionals 24/7, including condition-specific care, prescription management, private consultation and referrals to specialists or for diagnostic testing.
Coverage for travel within Canada up to $5 million lifetime (no trip length maximum), including access to travel assistance. Plus save 10% on the purchase of travel coverage for trips outside of Canada.
Coverage of $25,000 in the event of the accidental death of a participant.
Coverage for six counselling sessions per year through qualified clinicians and access to internet-based cognitive behavioural therapy (iCBT) through our partner MindBeacon.
Why choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
Join your local health benefits provider.
- You are our priority. As a not-for-profit, we prioritize you, not the bottom line. Every dollar we make is reinvested back into our products and services, as well as our communities and people.
- Your mental health is important to us. Mental health is an intrinsic part of health and well-being, as much as dental and vision care. That’s why we support you with mental health coverage in several of our plans, including professional counselling.
- You get comprehensive, specialized coverage. With a Manitoba Blue Cross plan, you get the coverage you need, including specialized offerings, such as foot care nurse, athletic therapy coverage, hostel care and treat-no-transport ambulance coverage. We also offer paramedical benefits such as homeopathy, osteopathy and nutritional counselling.
- You’re part of the renowned Blue Cross network: We offer products from the most recognized and trusted name in health coverage in Canada.
- We are a local business. With a walk-in customer service centre conveniently located in Winnipeg, excellent relationships with your health care practitioners and a focus on our community, being a Manitoba business is about more than just our postal code.
- You can access services your way. From our award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre to 24/7 access to claim and benefit information online and through our mobile app, you can find information, assistance and resources quickly and easily.
- Your convenience is key. With direct billing, your health care costs can often be paid directly to the service providers, so you are not out of pocket while you wait for reimbursement.