With the second wave of COVID-19 upon us, seeking in-person care might not be feasible for everyone. However, attending to our health and well-being is more important than ever.
Earlier in the pandemic, we partnered with EQ Care to offer a virtual health care platform for members covered under our personal health plans. At the time, we announced that coverage would be available throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we are now including EQ Care as a permanent part of our personal health coverage moving forward.
When surveyed by Abacus Data, 38 per cent of prairie residents (Manitoba and Saskatchewan) said they would prefer a virtual visit as the first point of contact for future appointments.
With virtual health care growing – and with Manitobans increasingly preferring it as an alternative or supplement to in-person care – ensuring our personal health plan members have access to virtual care is vital.
What is EQ Care?
EQ Care offers members access to confidential, 24/7 digital medical support. Supports include access to physicians, prescription drug management, referrals to specialists and guidance from a virtual care manager.
How does it work?
- Visit the EQ Care login page at mbbluecross.eqcare.com or download the EQ Care app via the App Store or Google Play.
- Reference your Manitoba Blue Cross ID card. Enter your Client number under the "Group Number" field and your unique Certificate number under the "Certificate Number" field.
- Create an account by simply filling in the required fields with your personal information and contact details and then select your secure password.
- Start your visit! Describe your symptoms and within minutes, a Care Manager will welcome you personally to EQ Care and connect you with the medical team. You can choose to receive immediate care or book an appointment for a later date.
EQ Care can address a wide range of medical needs, including:
- Chronic disease management
- Coordinating and scheduling
- Eye infections
- Lab requisitions
- Medical testing
- Migraines and sinus infections
- Prescription home delivery service
- Prescription renewals
- Sexual health
- Specialist appointments
- Stress and mental health
If you're a personal health plan member, don't forget to register today!